I couldn't do life without him!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Little Mister

I didn't see this coming. My house has been filled with baby toys lurking here and there. Diapers are stacked neatly on the table in the guest room and there is a car seat base in my car. My days have returned to planning around naps, wearing my hair in a pony tail, living in yoga pants most of my days, and the occasional smell of spit up somewhere on me. My days have also returned to coos, giggles & smiles during games of peek-a-boo, and the sweetness of a sleeping baby in my arms.

Back at the beginning of April I began taking care of a friends' then 4 month little guy I have fondly nicknamed Mister. He's 5 months old today and such a love. There's nothing like the sweet little fuzzy blonde head of hair and blues eyes to take me back to my little guys. I'm 11 years older than when my youngest boy was this age. Let me tell ya' what a difference a decade+ makes! I find myself more tired by the end of the day. My back hurts as does my shoulder at times (did I mention this 5 month old weighs in at 18+ lbs?!). Yet, I also find that having some years on me and only one little one to care for, as opposed to 3 little boys to care for, I am slowing down to enjoy more of the fun moments. His huge smiles warm my heart. His laugh is contagious. His conversation enamoring.

His parents are teachers so I'll be doing this until school gets out for the summer. Doug & I decided that as much fun as this is, it is a lot of work! I won't be continuing this next school year...which a lot of days that breaks my heart because I'm quite fond of Mister. But, on top of running the business and homeschooling I find I am losing ground on my workouts and personal time. I guess I've earned that by now :) Done my time, although my time is never done as my kids' needs have just changed.

For now I am soaking up the love and coos little Mister brings me and let if fill my heart like nothing else can. Babies just do that to me. I can't help myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment