Yesterday our worship leader at church made a comment about our level of faith in correlation to our level of expectation. To be totally honest this hit me right between the eyes. Made me sit up a bit straighter. Kind of scolded me really. I feel I've always prayed believing whole heartedly that God hears and will answer my prayers, however He sees fit.In saying that, what I do know is He DOES ALWAYS answer! And everything seems to be O.K. in the end because He is in it. There are many times when He speaks and gives hope in the midst of a situation that gives direction to my prayers. This whole house thing is one of them. We received news that we have an offer on the house. Even now, I'm hesitant to let all of this out because of, well, fear I guess. I have, for some reason, not let my heart be totally free to trust in the path He has shown us.
What came to the surface is although the circumstances in which we have to sell the house just down right stink, God has laid out a plan for us and given us glimpses of how He is going to take care of it all. Why I'm hesitant is because when I look all around me people I know and don't know struggle through this process so terribly and seem to have such a difficult time dealing with lenders, banks, and real estate agents. Why would our situation be any different? But, somehow it is.
And, that's where I've been scolded! I can't look at what is happening around me and allow those factors to change my faith and knowledge of what God has said and done in my life over the years. He's proven Himself faithful time, and time, and time again. Why would this time be any different? I have to believe that it isn't. It's time for me to believe whole-heartedly. To not fear what is seen, but trust in the unseen. It's time for me to get me hopes up in God again! I think that's something I was holding back to protect me from pain. And, there is no freedom in that.
So, as of today I declare my faith tank FULL! I believe in God's vision and plan for this situation...what we know and don't know fully. That is what He wants for me and I will live in it!
Time to start packing!


No comments:
Post a Comment