Wouldn't you know it? Day #2 and our public schools are closed due to negative temps and power outages! I'm sorry, but I for one can not focus on such a new program with everyone home! So home schooling went out the window today.
It made me agitated this morning to not keep on the schedule I had planned, but I sat with my cup of coffee in front of the fire, staring at my beautiful Christmas tree and relaxed. That lasted about 10 minutes, and I hit the ground running.
Birthday shopping, errands, lunch with 2 of my kids. Then I got to spend some time with a wonderful friend getting ready to have her first baby. Literally. Unfortunately the contractions I timed for 1 1/2 hours at 3 minutes apart didn't last once she got to the hospital.
This day didn't turn out like we thought for either of us. Our days aren't predictable, and that is o.k.! Well, maybe not for my very pregnant friend at this moment, but I had an unexpectedly wonderful day.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment