I couldn't do life without him!

Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Permanent Vacation...



Every morning, these past 10 days, as I slowly come out of slumber I struggle to figure out what day it is. When I realize it's another day of Christmas break I smile, roll over and usually go back to sleep dreaming of permanent vacation!

What a concept. No work, no school, no chores. Just play!

Coming home from our vacation in SoCal was wonderful, but a bit depressing. I have so much to be thankful for. Work, house, clothes, food. I must remind myself of this when I spend an entire day just catching up on office work, and the 2+ days it is taking to get the laundry done, and too many $'s later our kitchen is re-stocked.

I've been thinking about next week's dive into homeschooling. I've realized that my personality could use the organized curricula with all it's worksheets and schedules I could check off each day. Unfortunately this isn't about me. Trevor is like me when it comes to organization and list checking, but his learning is not best done by worksheets. Bummer.

I went to Costco yesterday and it hit me again what so many people start out their New Year hoping for: A thinner, healthier body, and organization in their lives. Thus, all of the workout equipment and plastic boxes of various sizes, shelving, and other organizational tools.

This week I thought I'd be all about organization. Purging the office of 2009 documents (which involves a trip to Staples and I LOVE that store), laying out a lesson plan for school, and going through the kids' rooms. Now I'm not feeling so ambitious. I'd love to sit with my kids and watch movies while cuddled under blankets.

No complaints about my life. It is a wonderful one :) I'm thankful to God for every new day He gives me and all that it brings.

1 comment: