The other night I'd just had it with my knife drawer. It was unorganized and posed to be a dangerous situation at times. I have knives I don't use and I am pretty sure all of them were wedding gifts circa November 1990!
I mentioned to my ever-so-talented-with-a-power-tool husband that I'd like to call our cabinet maker and order a knife organizer for the drawer and would he take measurements. He did one better.
We headed out to the shop and he pulled power chords out of the ceiling(seriously-some retractable doo-hickey!), set up saws on the tailgate and hooked up the sawdust sucker upper thing (some sort of huge vacuum). The guy even has an air purifier out there! How did I not know this?!?!?!
He started cutting, measuring, cutting some more, lining the knives up, gluing, nailing, sanding, oiling, and 2 hours later...voila! A knife drawer!
I am getting rid of over 1/2 of my knives because let's face it...how many do you really need? Now they are safe and organized! I'm not spoiled at all :)


No comments:
Post a Comment