I couldn't do life without him!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Provision in Obedience

My devotional time this morning began with a quiet house, hot cup of coffee, and....the book of Numbers & Mark. I will admit that Numbers is not one of the more inspiring books for me to read, and as I checked my reading guide for today I was a little disappointed.

Silly me. God never disappoints when we are ready to meet with Him! I had to write about this today because of my silliness and because of how He spoke to me with regards to this season in my life.

Numbers 28. God is instructing Moses about daily burnt offerings and other burnt offerings in addition to the daily ones. As I was reading it occurred to me...that is A LOT of animals! I thought to myself, "The Israelites would have had to have an abundance of animals!" Then the light went on...let it sink in just a minute......

God instructed them to do something, yet He is the one that provided the abundance. All the Israelites had to do was obey. He would do the rest!

Mark 8 went along with the same idea. Jesus fed the multitude with 7 loaves and a few fish even when the disciples grumbled. Jesus' compassion for the people seeking Him overwhelmed Him to provide for their basic need.

This was an encouraging start to my day. God has called Doug and I to venture into a new season. If we don't step up to the altar we will miss His blessings!

God will provide the blessing as long as we obey the calling!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog girlie....truly do. I gave you an award...come over and get it :) xo.

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been working through Proverbs. I thought I would be wiser by now, but i think I might have to read them twice : ) Thanks for stopping by, I will keep your house sale in my prayers.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete