I couldn't do life without him!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finding Time vs. Making Time

More often than not I find myself in a battle over my time. I'm not the best manager of it either. I'm easily distracted, and find too many irons in the fire with nothing really getting accomplished.

I could make a list of what I'd like to consistently do with my time, but that would be void the minute I wrote it. As I reflect on this past year I can see how God has removed from my life, and given me new direction and desires. I do like change. As long as it doesn't hurt :)

Two things that are always nagging in my mind is my devotional time, and staying caught up with business office work. So, I've finally DECIDED I would get up an hour to and hour and half earlier than I normally do. That means the alarm goes off at 5am and am not allowed to hit the snooze! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if I want more time I've got to have more hours in the day.

So far I've done it, and though I hit a wall around 3 it has been a rewarding feeling. The office has been the only thing I've gotten up early for. This afternoon, when Trevor goes to school, I will have an empty, quiet house for devotions.

Like Peter Brady sang, "When it's time to change, you've got to re-arrange!"

No comments:

Post a Comment