I couldn't do life without him!

Friday, January 29, 2010

On this day in history in 1996


Trevor Douglas Hull entered the world weighing in at 6#'s and was 19" tall. Our first child. Our long awaited one at that. After 2 1/2 years, 2 miscarriages, and 5 months of fertility treatments we finally had one stick :)

I remember being so incredibly happy the day my morning sickness hit because, in my mind, it confirmed that my body was doing what it was supposed to! My pregnancy was great until 21 weeks & the pre-term labor set in. I went on bedrest and he was born 3 weeks early. He was healthy, I was happy to get on my feet again, and daddy and mommy were in love.

Over the years watching him grow I wonder what he'll do with his life when he's an adult. Will he be responsible? Will he be happy? Polite, kind, and most of all love the Lord with all his heart? Praying for his future never stops.

Home schooling him already has been a neat aspect of our relationship. We laugh and get silly. He talks about his feelings more. We're closer and I love it! This is the most relaxed and least anxious I've seen him in YEARS!

God is so good. I'm in awe of how He answers prayer, especially when it's not what you were expecting.

Looking through his baby book for his newborn picture I found my heart welling up inside of me...happy and sad. Sometimes I want those moments back so badly, but watching him grow is such a privilege. His baby book is FULL of my thoughts and pictures of our little family. Seems so long ago, but then again, it doesn't.

Happy Birthday my beautiful boy. I pray God's blessings on your future and that your heart will always be turned toward Him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some fun trivia about this day in history:

1861-Kansas became 34th state of the Union.
1936-U.S.Baseball Hall of Fame elected it's first members which included the Great Bambino, Ty Cobb to mention a couple.
1958-Paul Newman marries Joanne Woodward.
1995 The 49ers become the first team to win 5 Superbowls.

Famous people born on this day:
Oprah, Tom Selleck, Greg Louganis, & Adam Lambert.

No comments:

Post a Comment