I couldn't do life without him!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday morning bliss & blues

So I've been able to follow through with getting up by 5:30 during the week for 5 days now. I have to say that I LOVE it!

This morning I had a quiet, fulfilling time in the Word, and got a little bit of office work done. I was a happy girl. Then, I had to wake up the kids. My daughter is a breeze. She loves school, life, being a girl. The oldest boy gets it easy in the morning because the "bell" does not ring around here. The 2nd boy is not a morning person, and really isn't motivated by much. Then there is the 3rd boy. Unpredictable for sure. He has the "Monday morning blues". Woke up in tears. Sobbing tears! I didn't have the patience or time for it. Which breaks my heart now. I didn't get mad, but I wasn't consoling either.

He comes up with the most negative comments. It bothers me. His life isn't good. He doesn't like school. He didn't have any fun this weekend. Ugh! The only thing that ended his downward spiral was my offer to take him to school instead of riding the school bus. Phew! No more tears. He's not happy, but hopefully it was enough to turn his day around.

I get so discouraged at times when I've had such a good morning, and then everyone wakes up. Is that bad? I try to have an open mind to it all. I tell myself God is testing my true nature this way. How will I respond? Will I show grace & love as He shows me every moment of my life?

God has spoken to my heart about this year. The theme is Relationships & Character. More on that later....off to school for the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment