I couldn't do life without him!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

CAN I GET A WITNESS???

Let me just say this first: GOD IS GOOD....ALL THE TIME! O.k., now that we have that understanding here's the latest.

Times are tough. We are in the construction industry. Pretty much enough said right? Doug and I have wrestled many times over the past year about the fate of our business, employees, house, stuff, etc., knowing full well God ultimately is in control of it all, and for that we are so very grateful. Last summer we began to come to terms with the fact that selling the house and getting out before we were sucked under may be the right thing to do. We even found a house that got our attention as a possible replacement. Our hearts were willing although mine I'll admit was a bit sad. We built this house. It's got Doug and I written all over it. We have a quiet piece of property, an amazing view of the Sisters mountains, and it's conveniently located for being "out-of-town". There is a shop to store the construction business supplies and the property to hold the big equipment and a home office to keep us all together. Yet, we were still willing to check out other possibilities, and in the end did not feel we were to move forward at that time.

Fast forward about 6 months. We're feeling the squeeze of the economy all over again. We're also feeling God squeezing our hearts and speaking to us about simplifying. The house that got our attention last summer is still available. I feel we are both at peace now about really leaving this house and moving towards the next adventure. But the details! Seriously! Who is selling a house like this in the market we are in? It'll be a miracle to break even!

Friend, He is SO into the details isn't He? I mean really we've all witnessed them! An astonishing sunrise or sunset. The countless stars in a clear night sky. How about the changing of the seasons and the wonderment of color and beauty they each display? I could go on and on, but the bottom line is how much more is He involved in the life details of those He loves!

You know the story in the New Testament where the fishermen had been casting their nets all day with not a single fish to show for it, and then Jesus shows up and tells them to cast their net on the other side of the boat. Weary and uncertain the fishermen try one last attempt at a previously fruitless act of the day, and miraculously their nets just about broke because it was overflowing with fish!

Well, here we go. We are going to cast our net into the real estate market that has been coming up empty for a long time! Believing Jesus is going to show up at the right moment and fill our net to overflowing!

This is the reason I've titled this "Can I get a witness". If this is God really moving us in a different direction, and not our own human nature, then it's going to have to have His finger prints all over it! And, if He does what it feels like He's doing all of the glory will be to Him and Him alone. Having said all that I go back to the beginning and say again...God is good all the time. If this isn't a direction He's leading physically but maybe just stretching our faith and keeping our true hearts' desires aligned with His then that's good too. We'll ride the ride with Him at the controls and be His witnesses all along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment