Homeschooling one kid with three still in school is fabulous and frustrating all together! Most of the time it is fabulous. Today, not so much.
Last week the three schooled kids were out of school Wed., Thur., and Friday. Joy and sorrow all in one. It is impossible for me to keep with a homeschool routine when school is out. I really tried. I made a lesson plan. I had worksheets ready. Trevor's school chart was ready for him to check off! I never even tried. For whatever reason Wednesday came and I was runnin'. Somehow I managed to pack every moment full of stuff I had to do, and fun stuff for the kids to do.
Not only did homeschooling get behind, but so did office work, laundry, housework, the checkbook, the grocery shopping...you get the picture. I got NOTHING done these past 5 days. I went through 3 tanks of gas in 1 week! DISGUSTING! I KNOW! OK, so the "Martha" in me is frazzled! I really had to pray last night and plead with God to calm my anxiety of the stuff not done! I can't let the un-doneness go for long before I truly start feeling the onset of an anxiety attack. No joke.
We had a fun 5 days off really. Not always all together, but there were good times had by all. Why can't I just focus on this? Now I can because it's after 9pm Monday night and I got caught up on a lot today. Anxiety is at bay, but now I just feel frazzled.
Justin stayed home today. He woke up in an emotional downward spiral. There was no sense of sending him to school. It would have been bad for everyone. So, he homeschooled with Trevor today and I think he LOVED it. Until his sister brought home his missed class work for the day. Oops! Emotional spiral set in place, but the promise of ice cream kept him in check.
I truly felt like I did school work all day. Although I also folded about 6 loads of laundry, vacuumed the house, washed sheets for 2 beds (oh, that reminds me...beds not made yet...now I just have to laugh), went to Costco, Safeway, had copies of blueprints made for Doug, dropped them off to him, took Trevor to school, made & cleaned up dinner, and FINALLY found time to blog. Come to think of it,I think I was planning on using that blog time to catch up on not being in the office since last Wednesday! I guess I'll still be playing catch up tomorrow too!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment