I couldn't do life without him!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Geocaching fun!





















GEO: Of the earth


CACHE: A safe place in which supplies are hidden

Geocaching: A worldwide game of hide & seek treasures. Using a GPS and coordinates of a hidden treasure, geocachers can find caches hidden by other geocachers!

Geocaching rule: If you take a treasure out of the cache you must replace it with a new one!

Trevor and I had the privilege of going out in our local community and geocaching today! My friend Terrie is an experienced geocacher and with her help we went to 6 different coordinates.

I was amazed how many we went to in such a small radius in town! Out of the 6 sites we found 5 caches! We'll be returning to the one we didn't find and look again tomorrow. We were only out for about an hour and a half.

Trevor was a natural. He plugged the coordinates into the GPS and off he went. He even found one that Terrie had been to before but couldn't locate.





I'm hooked with this hide & seek game! I can't wait to take the family out!


P.S. Luke came home today and asked to be homeschooled after he heard about Trevor's adventure! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment